cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete backup

ahalula13
Level 2

We were running a backup on a sbs2008 server that got to 90%. Shortly after that the hard drives on the server failed. The image file won't mount and gets a ED800012 The internal structure of the recovery point is invalid. Is it possible to recover data from a incomplete backup? Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

@ahalula13

When you say that the backup got to 90%, do you mean that it never completed? If so, you may well be out of luck here I'm afraid.

You could try a restore using the VSR 18 recovery disk (you will need to create this yourself) as this has a restore option for 'ignoring corruption'. However, there are no guarantees that this will work.

You can get a trial copy of VSR 18 here: https://www.veritas.com/trial/en/us/system-recovery-18

It never completed. I was hoping to view what was created up to the point of failure.

criley
Employee Accredited

@ahalula13

In my experience, restores from incomplete backups are generally not successful.

However, as I mentioned before, you can try the restore options in VSR 18 to see if they help you here.