cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremental backup warning message

Hello, I'm having issues with the incremental backup. I scheduled a backup regime on Monday and it ran a baseline backup  and have it scheduled to run on Tuesday's and Wednesday's as well at 8:50 am., both times it has done a baseline backup. After it was done, I checked the task log and on the "Perform Incremental Backup" step it gave a status of Warning. I checked on the event detail and it said to check that the client is setup correctly and another baseline backup will be performed instead. However, I have looked every section on the ghost console for the incremental settings. I don't know if I'm misunderstanding something but for the life of me I just can't seem to find those settings. I have gone on the help topics and implementation guide and they all talk about the backup regime setting. If somebody could guide me I'll appreciate it, I'm pretty sure it's something simple that I'm not seeing or understanding.

P.S. If you guys are wondering why I did backups one day after the other it's because I'm testing it before I implemented into the other machines. Heck maybe that's why I'm getting that warning message, who knows Smiley Tongue

2 REPLIES 2

Slawek_Kajetano
Not applicable
Employee

Hello,

Could you please provide information with regard to the OS of the client machines and what PreOS they are using?

Regards,

Slawek

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello,

The first thing I would try is uninstalling/reinstalling the product.  If the issue persists, you may need to contact technical support.

You could also cut and paste the full event log message, that may help.

Thanks.