cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of SR2013 fails with fatal error.

tonypalmer
Level 3

Hi,

I'm installing System Recovery 2013 Trial on a Win 7 x64 desktop and the installation fails with this message:

FATAL ERROR: Error 1327.Invalid Drive: Z:\ 

I had several SMB shares mounted and mapped to drive letters on this machine before I started the first installation attempt. All were working fine. I have since disconnected all of them, including Drive Z: and rebooted the disktop AFTER disconneecting the drives.

The error persists, and I am still uinable to install.

I am running the installation using a local account with administrator privileges.

Thanks in advance,

Tony.

4 REPLIES 4

tonypalmer
Level 3

Hi again,

Forgot to add: I've successfully installed the software on a Win 7 X64 laptop with the same network shares mapped.

Tony.

Mahesh_Nayak
Level 4
Employee Certified

Is the install being attempted locally or through a network share

Are we trying to Un install / re-install the software ?

please refer : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160028

HariSingh
Level 3
Employee

If this is fresh install scenario, this is msi issue, mostly, the issue is caused by personal setting was mapped to a shared external drive, could you please check it?

To check it:

1. Click Start, type regedit and press Enter.
2. Navigate to the following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

And

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

on Right side Search for environmental variable which refers path as Z drive. If yes, then you can resolve the path with actual drive say C.

Hope it helps.

tonypalmer
Level 3

Hi all,

the problem has been resolved. The desktop had a shared network drive mapped to the Documents folder. When I re-mapped it back to the C: drive, Windows failed to update the registry and there were still references to the Z: drive (the network share). 

When I edited the registry and removed references to the network share, the install completed correctly.

Tony.