cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer continues to run BESR 2010 SBS 2008

CITCorp
Not applicable

Hi All,

I have an issue with SBS 2008 and BESR 2010.  There were some installation issues that caused us to have to piece together an installation.  I had to use Windows Cleanup Utility, grant permissions to registry keys and finally I was able to uninstall and reinstall BESR 2010.  I can get the backup to run now, but the installer for BESR 2010 continues to run, command line continues to flash windows and the installation bar goes down to the end like it is finished, but starts over again and again and will say(not exact): 

Some files and services cannot be updated while the server is running and will require a reboot.   Again, this is not exact but it is something close to that.  You can click ok to reboot, but it never does.  It continues to run the installer over and over again.  The weird thing is,  I was able to get the backups to run successfully, although it was bandaged together, it still will run. 

Question is: How do I get the installer to stop running constantly?

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You might try the uninstall.bat for BESR2010 and reinstall it afterwards:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH76289&actp=search&viewlocale=en_U...

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any success ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?