cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing BESR 2010 on Win 2008 SBS that has both EEP & BackupExec

Support-mcc
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Thought I try to install the new BESR 2010, and it seemed to install, and asked to reboot.
After the reboot said it could not find the CONSOLE, and tried to continue the install (appears) and gave me this error.

Error 1720.  There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.  A script requiered for this install to complete could not be found.  Contact your support. . .

Custom action
UninstallGenericMountDriver. D8198796_59ED_41E1_8198_300F7DF159DC
script error -2147024894, Line 4 Colume 7.

Every time I start the server I get this error.  I also can't seem to remove it from the control panel.

I am stuck.

My source disk seems to be fine, as I installed it on another test computer.
9 REPLIES 9

jaburns
Level 3

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever get an answer on this?

Support-mcc
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I ran out of disk space during the install, so it never finished the install correctly.  To make things worst, I could not remove the bad install.  Had to call support to have them walk me through a removal.  They have a cool script like utilitity that would remove only the BESR, and now any other Symantec product. 

Free up some space on the target drive, reran it, and it works.

jaburns
Level 3

Thanks for the update!  I don't think it is space since I have 24GB free on the install drive, but I agree that the cool utility to remove the product will be great. I had BE 2010 Exchange agent installed and I think that may have caused an issue. Now neither the new software or the old BE agent is working.  I'm on the phone waiting for tech support assistance now.

Thanks, again!

Support-mcc
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Support better good, once you get to a tech, and can understand there accent.

jaburns
Level 3

Support actually worked out. Got a person that was willing to help me (and sounded like she was in the states) even though I was running a trial version. She said there isn't support, but I said you install is broke, the uninstall is broke and it has stopped my backups on full Backup Exec that were working just fine. She helped me search through the website and I was eventually able to find the download for the uninstall.bat which fixed the problem. I'm now installed and am working to figure out the best practices for setting up the exchange backup.

Thanks for the advice!

jaburns
Level 3

By the way, if anybody runs into a similar problem, search for BESR 2010 uninstall.bat and you'll be in business.

Support-mcc
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Oh, it can't be that simple!

Support-mcc
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Do you have the link to where the UNINSTALL.BAT is found?

jaburns
Level 3

Here's where I found it.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH76289&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1287759736037