cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Veritas System Recover 16

kpathway1
Level 1

We are a library system and buy products from Tech Soup for libraries.  I understand that the products are donated, but I can't seem to get any help with this.  I've read through the forums and Product User guide, but still have found no resolution.  The installation guide tells us that we need Symantec Installation Manager to install the product.  We installed that.  Then it says to install Symantec Management Platform 8.  The only option is 8.1, so we install that.  After that we try to install the veritas product through Symantec and it erros out saying that it will only install with SMP 8.0, which we cannot get.  I tried to call support and someone pointed me to a download under myVeritas which he said was the ISO I needed to install Veritas.  I downloaded it and it was not an ISO.  It is a LOR.msi file.  So I install that and it is a Symantec System Recovery Disk Creation Wizard and Symantec system Recovery 2013 software.  The disk creation will run, but the other won't.  This software so far leaves a lot to be desired.  How are you supposed to install it?  Then not to get help?  

2 REPLIES 2

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Check if you see VSR_Management_Solution_16.0.1_56018.zip or SSR_Management_Solution_2013R2_11.1.6.55606.zip

criley
Employee Accredited

@kpathway1

Everything you mention is related to the VSR Management Solution.

Are you trying to install this or the standalone Desktop/Server Edition of VSR?

NOTE: The Management Solution is the centralized management console for large (100 or more clients) environments.