cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrument Technician

uphktd
Not applicable

Having some difficultity installing BESR 8.5.4 on Windows XP Professional Version 2002, SP3 on a Dell Optiplex 960 platform. 

The installation fails when I recieve this message:  Error 1305, Error reading from file C:Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VProRecovery\SreAPICom.dll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

I have accessed the .dll file and although it appears OK when compared to other installations ( file size is same); the other installation is on Windows 2000 Professional SP4.

The installation fails when I have to cancel because I cannot complete the reading from the .dll to the installation. I am suspecting that this is an issue with my version and that I will need an upgrade to install on the newer platform. Can someone confirm this for me or even better help me get around this problem.

Thanks, Kevin

2 REPLIES 2

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

This is Backup Exec forum. You can post queries about BESR here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-archiving/forums/symantec-system-recovery-formerly-backup-exec-system-recovery

Regards...

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try to unregister the dll using the command:

regsvr32 /u /s "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VProRecovery\SreAPICom.dll"

and the re-register it using the command:

regsvr32 /s "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VProRecovery\SreAPICom.dll"

and then run the installation again.

Thanks,

-Sush...