cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel S5500BC Motherboard onboard NIC not found

RuddvD
Level 3

HI,

After our server hardware became unstable we have purchased new Intel Server with S5500BC motherboard.  Everything seems to work OK but the SR Restore Disk cannot find the NIC adapter/s on the new system!  We are backing up to a Seagate BlackArmor NAS and that side is fine.  I just need to connect over the network to be able to do the restore.

Running win2003 SBS domain controller with C and D Raid Drives.  The existing motherboard is also Intel.

I thought that the SRD was old so I downloaded the latest version.  No change!  The Intel Pro100/1000 drivers are on the SRD so I have no idea what the problem is!!  

I read somewhere that there was a problem restoring to systems with multiple NICs but we have restored the existing system twice already and it has two onboard NICs.  I thought that I would be OK with Intel system but have drawn a blank on this one.  Existing system is limping and I need to migrate very soon.

Regards,

Rudd

1 REPLY 1

criley
Employee Accredited

If the drivers are not on the SRD, you'll need to contact the hardware vendor to get a copy of the relevant driver so that you can either build a custom SRD or manually load the driver before starting a restore/backup via the SRD.

If you are using the 2010 SRD, you'll need to use 2008/Vista based drivers.

Hope that helps.