Occasionally when I boot into the recovery screen (using LOR) and select a date recovery SSR shows invalid target drive.
The remedy is to highlight the recovery point and select edit, then select the target volume and then OK.
Then go back to the recovery screen and select recover my computer, select the date recovery point and the target becomes valid again.
I had this issue when testing last year and I would have thought by now this issue should have been resolved.
I did say when testing that I would monitor the situation and report accordingly.
When you need to re-image a machine this sort of thing shouldn't be happening.
I am not very conversant with this site, I am more used to the community.norton.com site especially the Ghost forum.
What is the proceedure to open a support case here because I would like to try and get this issue resolved, however when testing last year it proved to be difficult.
I give up,
why can't Symantec make it easier to contact them.
All I want to do is open a support case, there are that many options on the support site, not one to assist with opening a support case.
An online chat would be the easiest like other companies do.
Can you get them to contact me via e-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is it possible to talk with a member of the team that ran the SSR 2013 testing last year and open a case that way?
Sorry to hear this. Did you try calling in? Numbers here:
I assume you are talking about the BETA Program for SSR 2013 R2? Sorry but any issue you now have will need to be dealt with via Technical Support. If necessary, support can engage engineering team if required.
Hope this helps.
Yes that's correct it was the BETA programme.
I have had a look on the link you provided and I think It will be a long drawn out conversation on the phone and I only have free phone at the weekends.
So I might as well drop it, I can work round the issue but some users in the future may experience "Invalid Target Drives"
You mentioned earlier that this happens 'Occasionally'. Can you explain a bit more about when exactly this occurs?
Also, what hardware are you seeing this issue on? What operating system are you restoring at the time? Is the machine BIOS or EFI? Are you restoring back to the same machine/disk or new machine/disk?
I can try and reproduce the problem here but I need more details from you.
I will try again to open a support case and give it more time to complete, Yes there is a list of examples showing.
The last time I checked all was well, I said occasionally because in the past it was spasmodic but just lately is more often.
The machinie is BIOS and SSR 2013 R2 is installed on Win 8.1. It is a dual boot machine that I use for testing Norton products.It is a dual booted machine with Win7 Pro and Win 8.1 on a partitioned SSD. I always restore back to the same hardware.
I do know that DaveH has experienced the same problem with one of his machines (Dave is a GURU on the community forum)
I have SSR set up on my laptop (a single boot machine) and I haven't experienced the same issue but I will continue to check it out.
Later on this afternoon I will boot the machine up and post a couple of pics and if you want I could probably post the logs if that will help.
At the moment I am posting this on my main machine, I will be out for an hour or so now, i'll get back to you later.