cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Exchange 2013 supported with SSR 2013?

Big_Steve
Level 3

Hi there,

We've just purchased SSR 2013 for a customer, and when I looked in the User Guide prior to purchase, it said this: "Symantec System Recovery supports Exchange Server 2003 or later, which implements VSS technology" on page 292. 

They are running it on Server 2012 R2, which I now see is supported.

However when I look in the Release notes and Software compatibility list, I see no reference to Exchange 2013.

Can someone help me out with an up-to-date answer? I can see questions about this topic, but they are a year old. Is Exchange 2013 supported in SP2?

Thanks,

Steve.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Yes Exchange 2013 is supported with SSR 2013

Please check the SCL for SSR 2013

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH201318

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Yes Exchange 2013 is supported with SSR 2013

Please check the SCL for SSR 2013

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH201318

Big_Steve
Level 3

Thanks! I see Exchange 2013 in that list, but not Exchange 2013 SP1.

When will SP1 be supported?

Also, I see that Granular Restore is not supported for any Exchange 2013 version.

Do you have any idea when Granular Restore will be coming to SSR 2013 for Exchange 2013?

criley
Employee Accredited

When will SP1 be supported? - Let me try and find out for you.

Do you have any idea when Granular Restore will be coming to SSR 2013 for Exchange 2013? - Yes. This will be supported when SSR 2013 R2 is released later on this year.

Big_Steve
Level 3

"Do you have any idea when Granular Restore will be coming to SSR 2013 for Exchange 2013? - Yes. This will be supported when SSR 2013 R2 is released later on this year."

Thanks. I guess I should have asked, when Granular Restore will be coming to SSR 2013 for Exchange 2013 SP1. Is that also in SSR 2013 R2?

Thanks again,

Steve.

criley
Employee Accredited

I've confirmed that support for SP1 will also be included in SSR 2013 R2. This includes Granular Restore functionality.

Let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Big_Steve
Level 3

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your answers. One final question, or maybe two:

- Will R2 be a free upgrade?

- When is R2 being released? I saw another post saying "later this year", is there any more information than that?

Thanks again!

Steve.

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Steve,

- Will R2 be a free upgrade?

- When is R2 being released? I saw another post saying "later this year", is there any more information than that?

The release dates for R2 are not yet confirmed and as on other posts it will be "later this year". With regards to free upgrade it should be a free upgrade however the same will be confirmed once the release date is declared.

No more information is available yet.

criley
Employee Accredited

Sorry, you are incorrect - 2013 R2 is not a free upgrade. If you have maintenance, the upgrade should be included in this package. Otherwise you'll need to pay for the upgrade.