cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a driverstore for RestoreAnyware

SSR20xx
Level 4

When i restore a backup to a different hardware i have to choose 2 drivers. is there a option to save the necessary drivers to a folder on the SRD or in the backup destination, which the SRD automatically search for the necessary drivers. These necessary drivers are 32bit drivers and the SRD is a 64bit SRD. So, i cannot add these drivers to the SRD during creating a custom SRD. Can i simple copy the drivers into a folder on the root of the SRD?

I do not want a prompt to choose a driver. I want to automatically restore the backup to the different hardware. Is this possible?

I have copy the necessary drivers directly to the backup destination, but at the end of the recovery a prompt popup to choose the driver.

thankx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

Are you restoring a 32bit version of Windows? If yes, why are you not creating the SRD on that version of Windows (which will then allow you to add the drivers during the SRD creation process)?

But that said, you can still copy the drivers to the SRD itself, and then browse to them when the restore prompts for them.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited

Are you restoring a 32bit version of Windows? If yes, why are you not creating the SRD on that version of Windows (which will then allow you to add the drivers during the SRD creation process)?

But that said, you can still copy the drivers to the SRD itself, and then browse to them when the restore prompts for them.

SSR20xx
Level 4
Ok, i will try it. What are the different between 32 and 64 Bit SRD? I can recover a Win7 32bit with SRD 32bit and 64bit. Also i can recover a Win7 64Bit with SRD 32bit and 64Bit. So, where are the different? Only at the supported driver for ROA?

criley
Employee Accredited

There's no real difference. But some hardware only has 32 or 64bit drivers..... if you need to load a certain driver inside the recovery environment (i.e. to get a network card working), it will dictate which SRD you can use.

SSR20xx
Level 4
Thanks