cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOR not installed properly

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

I have configured install policy to install LOR on some physical computers: 5 clients and 2 servers running HYPER-V. Now, 4 clients and 1 server installed succesfully, but the last client (laptop) and the other server did not. On the laptop the symantec agent says that the packet was installed, in fact if you go looking for the files, they are all there. But there is no LOR option in the boot menù, and the SSR 2011 manager doesn't show those client as "clients that have LOR installed". They are listed in the "not installed" list of clients. How to make those clients work? 

SHould I try to assign them unistall policy and then install again? or better to act manually? how todo with the hyper-v server? it is windows 2008 r2 core...

8 REPLIES 8

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

"not installed" - this would point towards the altiris agent and the ssr plugin missing on this machines ? Any hints in the logfiles of the 2 computers ?

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

SSR is shown as installed, only LOR is listed as not installed. What logfiles should I check?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Possibly the ones of the altiris agent because the installation should be done via this agent.

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

here they are, all starting from 28/09

the LOR installation I think was performed at 15:30-17 of 29/09

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

<event date='Sep 29 15:30:29' severity='4' hostName='GIORGIOVAIO' source='ProgramExec' module='smfagent.dll' process='AeXNSAgent.exe' pid='2036' thread='2716' tickCount='596532' >
  <![CDATA[Program 'Install LightsOut Restore 2011 Without User Interface' completed. Exit code=0]]>

So from this perspective everything should be working fine.

<event date='Sep 29 15:26:01' severity='4' hostName='GIORGIOVAIO' source='ProgramExec' module='smfagent.dll' process='AeXNSAgent.exe' pid='2036' thread='2716' tickCount='328288' >
  <![CDATA[Starting SWD task: 'Install LightsOut Restore 2011 Without User Interface' command line='"C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Agents\SoftwareManagement\Software Delivery\{3407778E-8F56-48D0-911A-6FE5E43427B3}\cache\MANAGER\Bootenvsetup.exe" -configfilepath .. -logfilepath C:\Windows\TEMP']]>

So this points to some logfiles in C:\windows\temp - can you get hold of them ?

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

i found a logfile called LORInstallLog.txt but there is only written inside:

09-29-2012 03:30:29 : Info 6CA30000: The operation completed successfully.

like everything went find, but it did not...

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

No idea man, I'll ask support for help.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Did anybody from Symantec get in touch with you ?