cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSR Advanced Server 6.0.2 hangs up

Asif_Siddiqui
Level 2
Hi,
I am trying to implement LSR Advanced Server 6.0.2 and when i add the other computers to one of the servers with LSR, to centrally manage the jobs, the application hangs. When I kill the application and try to start it again it still hangs. Any other way of even trying to get in to remove the computers??
We have not used the LSR Manager as I was advised that there were several issues with it already.
3 REPLIES 3

Aimee_Barborka
Level 3
The computer list is contained in an .xml file under documents and settings.

You could delete or edit the computer list, and it would probably take care of the console hanging. It sounds like it is hanging because it can't properly acquire drive information or something from one of the agent computers.

I don't remember the exact name of the .xml file, but it's something obvious, like computers.xml.

The path is c:\documents and settings\\local settings\application data\IsolatedStorage\

Let me know if this takes care of it for you.

Aimee

Aimee_Barborka
Level 3
Ok, so I found a KB that has more detail. The KB actually talks about removing the client because it wasn't removed correctly, so the issue is different, but I think the solution may still be helpful.

The KB is the following:

Title: 'LiveState Recovery Client still appears in Console after you remove the Client'
Document ID: 2005011107081760
> Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/support/on-technology.nsf/docid/2005011107081760?Open&src=w
the names are preferences.xml and computername.xml

Asif_Siddiqui
Level 2
thanks....