I am using LSR 3 advanced server suite. I can successfully create an LSR image on a NAS Server device I have (Buffalo technology 1GB terastation) using the NAS device name in a urn (\\bu-os3-01\backup\livestate). I cannot however, access the NAS device when booting from the LSR disk. I can ping the device, however I cannot see it either in network neighborhood, nor in the browser (no devices, including domain or workgroup server devices show up there). I can however ping the device, using either it's ip address or name.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Is there an update to LSR 3 that fixes this issue?
Thanks for the suggestion, however the product is advertised as supporting NAS devices. I'd rather not do beta testing for Symantec when the retail product should be taking care of this for me. As usual though Symantec doesn't seem to pay any attention to these forums or answer questions. Makes me wonder if they want to stay in business. I've had the same lack of success with USB attached devices and Backup Exec.
ooookay. Glad that's so well documented :) I'll give it a shot. On a separate note, I did get a newer disk to boot and show the NAS device, as well as shares on the net. I believe it was a patched up to date version - the one out of the box did not work. I'll look into it more, and post back. It took about 25 minutes to do a fairly extensive restore over our gigabit network (as opposed to 3.5 hours with a USB 1 device). Interestingly we restored an image from a fairly new and modern laptop to a Pentium 3 desktop and had zero problems running the box after the restore. Pretty amazing.