cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licence Renewals, what does this include?

kittykatjaz
Level 2

Hi,

One of our clients received a license renewal notice for the Sym Backup Exec System Recovery and want to know what is included.

1. Is this renewal just for support and product updates?

2. If the renewal is not processed, will the software have develop any limitations in it's operation or stop working?

Thanks,

Jaz

8 REPLIES 8

Jacob_A
Level 6
Employee
You should probably contact CustomerCare for help with these kinds of questions.  Their number is 1(800)721-3934.

kittykatjaz
Level 2

Tried that Jacob but each time I had to leave a voice message and received no call back.

Unfortunately the only area of Symantec support that has any credibility is these forums, as far as the other support options including the phone it is rubbish and really poor in quality with very few staff members who know much about the product they are trying to support.

It is a pity but often the best support comes from other members of the IT community who learn the products the hard way.

Jaz

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
You may want to call into the support queue ask if you can be warmed trasfered to a customer care/ licenesing support agent. Or use the Licensing & Contract Support via MySupport Case Management (i.e. https://mysupport.symantec.com/) Use the online case management tool to request help with your licensing issues and Enterprise Contract programs. This includes requests associated to license management, product version upgrades, licensing portal questions, help processing exclusive contract programs and help with acquiring software. This opens a case that you can track the progress of.

NicholasC
Level 4

Renewal of your support contract gives the following benefits:

1. Continued access to technical support

2. Access to version upgrades

If the support contract is not renewed, the software will continue to work with no limitations imposed, you will just no longer be entitled to technical support outside of these free discussion forums and the knowledgebase documents

I am troubled that you had previously tried to contact Enterprise Customer Care and were not satisfied with the support you received. Do you remember the number you called?

The correct number is 800-721-3934, option #2 or 3 depending on the product for North America during the hours of 5am to 5pm PST, Monday-Friday.

If you select Option #1, that will get you over to the consumer, Norton-branded support team which would not be able to assist with Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery questions.

Message Edited by Firefox on 10-29-2008 06:55 AM

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Firefox, very well put, and if someone with support contract does encounter that they are not progressing through a technical support issue logged with Symantec Technical support, then ask the assigned agent to have your case advance to the next level of support and/or ask to speak to the duty manager on call that day to help you get the assistance in finding the resources needed to help troubleshoot your technical support issue.

kittykatjaz
Level 2

Thanks Firefox, you have all that I was looking for in an answer.

As far as the phone support all I get to was a voice mail box on the Australian number. Anyway I find the forums a lot better for support than the actual phone.

Jaz

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Glad that the community can help. If you run into phone support problems please review the options that you can use to get the assistance that you need:

http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/support/ESS_Handbook_Esstential_Basic.pdf

jrudbecka
Not applicable
Where can I find ESS_Handbook_Esstential_Basic.pdf today? The link is invalid.