cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licenseproblem after LiveUpdate - Symantec System Recovery 2011

Michael_Huber
Level 3

Hello there,

Yesterday I updated two of my Servers in Tunisia with System Recovery 2011 via Symantec LiveUpdate. After the LiveUpdate both Servers lost the SR licenses. I tried to insert the licenses again but after the input dialog the program starts again as a test version and asks me about the license. How can I solve this problem? I can not use the software at all at the moment. The Servers are guests on a VMWare ESX 5.0 Server.

My Windows Server Version: 2008 r2 Standard SP1

Symantec Recovery Version: 10.0.2.44074

Thanks for any Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_Huber
Level 3

I found the cause of the problem. We deployed Symantec Recovery 2011 Management Solution in our Headquarters and installed the Agents with the System Recovery Plugin on the mentioned servers. This caused the loss of the licenses because they aren't handled any more by the client. After putting the licenses into the Management Solution the servers started in licensed mode and not trial mode.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Try to stop the SSR service, then delete the following registry keys if they exist and afterwards restart the 2 services:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\10.0]

"O"
"AK"

"LO"

"MLO"

Michael_Huber
Level 3

Hello,

I found the path in the registry but there is no key from your list. I made a screenshot of the registry key:

I also tried to reinstall the software with keeping the settings but this didn't work either. Could a reinstall without saving the settings help?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

I don't think but you could give it a try.

Maybe one of these helps:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/liveupdate-and-ssr2011?device=mobile

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH164795

Michael_Huber
Level 3

I found the cause of the problem. We deployed Symantec Recovery 2011 Management Solution in our Headquarters and installed the Agents with the System Recovery Plugin on the mentioned servers. This caused the loss of the licenses because they aren't handled any more by the client. After putting the licenses into the Management Solution the servers started in licensed mode and not trial mode.