cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LightsOut Restore - RAID5 - Unable to see drives?

ralliral
Level 2

I am able to successfully boot my server into the LightsOut Restore environment. However, the LightsOut Restore environment does not detect the data partition of my hard drive. As a matter of fact, it only detects the Windows Recovery Environment partition and my USB stick that I have plugged in. As a result, I am unable to do any data backup/restore from the LightsOut Restore environment.

- Dell PE R330

- Windows Server 2012 R2

- Four physical hard drives, 2TB each

- RAID 5 hardware configuration, Dell PERC S130 controller

I have a feeling the problem has something to do with the server's RAID 5 structure, because LightsOut Restore works perfectly fine for devices with a single hard drive. I loaded the latest drivers of the RAID controller and disks into the environment, but still no change. So what am I missing? I have a feeling it is something very simple...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

@ralliral

Yes, please confirm the version of SSR/VSR you are using.

And is this the driver that you are loading in the recovery environment?

http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=63C8W&fileId=36544627...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Which SSR version do you use?

criley
Employee Accredited

@ralliral

Yes, please confirm the version of SSR/VSR you are using.

And is this the driver that you are loading in the recovery environment?

http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=63C8W&fileId=36544627...

Thanks for the response. The drivers in that link worked - thank you very much. You can flag this post as resolved.

Very strange, because I thought I tried every PERC driver set known to man. I ran searches on Dell's site as well as used the service tag.

By the way, I am using SSR 16.

criley
Employee Accredited

@ralliral

That's good to hear, thanks for the update.