cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livestate Advanced Server 3.0 Hangs Server

Dan_Cooper
Not applicable
Hi,

I am using Livestate advanced server 3.0 on a number of server 2003 machines.
I have a problem whereby the servers will hang during the "creating backup file" stage of making a restore point.
This only happens when creating the backup to a network location. (I full have access to this location)
If i map a drive to the location and create the backup to the drive it works without the problem but this means creating directories manually and copy/pasting the file path into livestate.

The odd part is if i create the image to a the UNC path and it hangs i have to reboot the server and if i follow the same process after the reboot (I.E to the UNC again) it seems to work everytime!

Has anyone else seen this issue and if so have any ideas how to resolve it?

Any advicce is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
8 REPLIES 8

Sean_Waddell
Level 2
Employee
Dan,
Check your version. Make sure you are using 3.03. It fixed a similar issue from previous builds.

Please reply if you still experience the issue and include the server model(s) you are experiencing the issues with.

Sean

Sean_Waddell
Level 2
Employee
Dan,
Please email me so that I can provide you with the download information for 3.03.

Note that our latest version of LiveState Recovery is 6.01. It has exciting new features including the the Restore Anyware Option that allows recovery to dissimilar hardware.

Sean

Damon_West
Level 2
I'm also having problems where Livestate hangs. The service can't be restarted and the server has to be rebooted to correct the problem. I'm running version 3.0.1.4114.

CN_sol
Not applicable
I also am having this exact issue.... how do i go about getting the 3.03 update?

Mr__Fabietto
Level 4
Employee
Hi All,

To fix this problem, download an updated VProSme.dll file and replace the existing VProSme.dll file.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/powerquest.nsf/docid/2004015815976262

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before you begin: If you use Symantec LiveState Recovery 3.0, an update to version 3.03 may solve the problem. To obtain the latest version of Symantec LiveState Recovery 3.03, contact Symantec Technical Support.
For information on the latest update, see the document Software Change Notice - Symantec LiveState Recovery 3.03.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To replace VProSme.dll
- Stop the Drive Image 7 or Symantec LiveState Recovery service,
- Download VProSme.zip to your computer.
- Expand the VProSme.zip file.
- Replace the existing VProSme.dll file with the downloaded version.

The default folder locations of VProSme.dll are as follows:

- LiveState Recovery Advanced Server C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveState Recovery\Advanced Server 3.0\Agent
- LiveState Recovery Standard Server C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveState Recovery\Standard Server 3.0\Agent
- LiveState Recovery Desktop C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveState Recovery
\Desktop 3.0\Agent
- Drive Image 7.0 C:\Program Files\Symantec\Norton Ghost\Agent

Restart the Drive Image 7.0 or Symantec LiveState Recovery service.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Same Probleme with me on Windows 2000 Server an LiveState Recovery 6.0.1. We've opend a case at Symantec but they weren't able to solve to problem until now.

What came up during my investigations is, that this hangs have a relation to the availability of the backup medium: If the backup medium becomes unavailable during the backup, the service hangs. But not always, sometimes the services "survies" and writes an error message to the logs.

Installation Version 6.0.2 eases the pain a little but the hangs still occur

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
I was given accress to Version 6.5.4. In this version, according to Symantec Support, the freeze problem should be eliminated.

reza_akhlaghy
Level 4
Hi

I've lots of problem with that hanging, I requested access to download version 6.5.4 3 days ago and still waiting :(

Could you please share download information sent to you?