cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livestate Manager for 6.5?

Thomas_Przybyla
Level 3
I recently got the newest Livestate version from Symantec. The tech gave me the download site, etc. and I am testing it in our environment. Since they changed the branding of it back to Backup Exec, etc. it looks and feels a bit different. What I am not seeing, however, is the "management" portion of this application. In the previous versions there was a Desktop version, a Server/Advanced Server version of the app, and then a management console to watch and manage multiple servers.

Does anyone know if this management console exists, and if it does, where one would acquire it?
Thanks!
_Tom
2 REPLIES 2

Stephen_March_2
Level 3
I am using BESR Server Edition 6.5.0.17171 and right mouse click on Mycomputer and select Addcomputer in the left pane to attach other servers.
May depend on if you are running server version or workstation version

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
What Stephen is describing is sometimes referred to as the "standard console" or "1-to-1" console, which allows management of one remote system at a time.

The next version of Backup Exec System Recovery, version 7.0, will include a 1-to-many management console.  Version 7.0 is due out in April-ish.