cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking process about VproSvc .exe

Robert777
Level 4

Hi

I have read some explanations on Veritas Website to use SSR 2013 with Windows 10 .

It was question to modify , cpy and pas the VproSvc . exe file in the directory of C:/Program/ Symantec ....

I don't find the item .

Please could you give me the reference .

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you are using SSR 2013 & not SSR 2013 R2 SP4, would not recommend to use the former with Win 10, since it is not supported.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6

If the steps were in reference to a KB article, look @ the right side & there will be an Attachments section.

Also, SSR 2013 R2 with SP4 is currently the only version compatible with Windows 10.

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Last time I knew , SSR 2013 was not supported with Windows 10

Please check SCL prior installing SSR 2013 on Win 10

You can also check with SSR 2013 R2, however I suppose it must be supported.

Is Symantec currently working on software for Symantec System Recovery 2013 so that it will be compatible with Windows 10?

Yes.

Will Symantec be offering a FREE update patch to Symantec System Recovery 2013 that will make it compatible with Windows 10?  Will it be called Symantec System Recovery 2013 R3 or something else like Symantec System Recovery 2015?

Yes, I believe so. Basically we are adding support for Windows 10 in a future service pack for SSR 2013 R2.

Robert777
Level 4

Thank

I am not able to find the kb article

VJware
Level 6

If you are using SSR 2013 & not SSR 2013 R2 SP4, would not recommend to use the former with Win 10, since it is not supported.