Manage backup destinations>Delete recovery point does not delete files?

I have a simple maintenance question.  I wanted to properly delete a very old backup/restore point/image, whatever it is called.  It was an independent image of a PC drive with the image stored on a NAS.

I used SSR to go into advanced, right clicked the drive letter and found the restore point I wanted.  It matched the name, date, etc. of the one I wanted to delete.  I right clicked and chose delete, then chose yes.

It disappeared from the SSR lists but the backup files are still there on the NAS.  So I deleted manually....but I would have thought SSR have deleted the files but perhaps this is a safety feature.

Thanks,

BJB

7 Replies
Highlighted

Yep it should have been

Yep it should have been deleted automatically.

Highlighted

Any questions still open?

Any questions still open?

Highlighted

Well, other than it

Well, other than it definitely did not do that! Smiley Happy

So an open issue on my side, and hopefully with Symantec.  But I guess the question is answered....

No error, it said to confirm the delete and it did not.

Getting concerned with SSR stability.  Still trying to resolve (yes I have a case) why a 100% verified backup won't restore..... and now this.

At least this confirms what it is supposed to do.  Perhaps someone at Symantec can test that function with a backup on a NAS. Not mapped as a drive letter, just referred to as //XXX.

BJB

Highlighted

I can confirm that it

I can confirm that it correctly deleted the instance in SSR AND the actual image file when using a USB-attached external drive. Perhaps the issue is only with network drives...

BJB

Highlighted

Lucky you, may I ask you to

Lucky you, may I ask you to mark this post as solved then?

Highlighted

It is solved for USB drives. 

It is solved for USB drives.  It is not solved when working with a NAS.

So not sure what that means. If forum protocol is to marked solved, I will.....

However I do think it needs to work with both NAS drives and USB external drives.

BJB

Highlighted

I case you want to dig deeper

I case you want to dig deeper into that, you need to file a case for the NAS side of the issue. Otherwise please mark as solved.