cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating SSR 2013 from win 2008 R2 to win 2012 R2

Steve_4
Level 4

Hi All,

We hope to migrate our current symantec system recovery 2013 to a new windows server 2012 R2.

Firstly, I was wondering if migration was possible for system recovery 2013? Or even a setting transfer of sorts?

Secondly, If this is possible, is it best practice to just do a clean install as it is to a newer server?

If anyone has links to supporting documents that would be great!

Thanks,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

It really comes down to where the database for SSR-MS is located. If it is on a remote SQL server then there should be no problem at all. Just install the SSR-MS on a new server and point it to the existing database. If the database is on the same server as the SSR-MS you to migrate the databse first to the new machine.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have a look at the SSR-MS Admin guide: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC6257

Steve_4
Level 4

Hi,

Thank you for your reply
I have already had a look through that document previously and could not find anything regarding my issue

Does anyone have experience with this?

It looks as though we will have to perform a clean install and re-create all policies etc
Won't take too long but would be easier if migration of policy files was an option

Sorry for the delayed reply and thank you for your help

Regards,
Steve

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

It really comes down to where the database for SSR-MS is located. If it is on a remote SQL server then there should be no problem at all. Just install the SSR-MS on a new server and point it to the existing database. If the database is on the same server as the SSR-MS you to migrate the databse first to the new machine.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Anything still open?

Steve_4
Level 4

Thanks Markus!

So that database holds all jobs, destinations etc?
By migrate do we simply need to copy it over then copy it back?

I think I made it local even though we have a remote SQL server, but I will have to confirm this

Thank you for your help

Steve

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Basically yes. After the move you need to change the sql server in the settings of the NS. But please do some testing beforehand.