cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Hyper-V1 driver in Recovery Disk creation

smwedm
Not applicable

Hello,

Recently, we installed Backup Exec 2010 on our server that is running Server 2008 Standard. When we were creating our recovery disk with Backup Exec, it gives a window listing what drivers were not backed up. We were already aware of the 64-bit drivers that we would need to archive on our own being that SBESR 2010 does not back them up. The one that I am submitting for any help was listed as the Virtual Network Switch Adapter driver. We are running the Hyper-V role on this server and I understand what the Virtual Network Switch Adapter is and how it works in the virtual to host setup. If I were to shutdown and detach the .vhd file, will the OS backup that is created in SBESR 2010 backup the Hyper-V virtual machine in it's entirity? Will this also include the Virtual Network Switch Adapter driver? If I were to restore from this OS backup would I only need to re-attach the .vhd to the virtual machine found within the backed up instance of Hyper-V? Sorry for being long winded. Any help that can be shared would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Moved to the SSR forum which is the correct forum for this discussion.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

If you have the VHD file it's like a physical harddisk. Everything that is INSIDE the VM is on the VHD.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

If all your questions are answered, please mark this post as solved.