cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Monitor overview

Danny_ter_Horst
Level 4

In System Recovery Manager 8.5 there is a monitor button, which shows us in "real-time" which backup is still running. We found this tool very handy.

Now were are starting with SSR2011 Managment Solution, we miss this option.

I can see there is a Monitor Task tab, but under "Symantec System Recovery Tasks" there is nothing to see. Do we need to install extra software?

How do we see which backups are actual running and how can we cancel unwanted backups?

Looking forward to some answers.

Best regards,

Danny ter Horst

4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited

The only way that I know of to view an active backup is to open up the appropriate backup policy and scroll to the bottom; this will list all machines that are associated with the policy and will list their current status (backed up, at risk, backup running etc).

Hope that helps.

Danny_ter_Horst
Level 4

Thanks Chris.

But that's not a good solution when you have more than 20 backup policies. This all takes too much time.

Hopefully Symantec will give me back this option soon.....

I still don't like that this upgrade is giving me less options than version 8.55. If that version was working on a Windows 2008 R2 server, I would downgrade again.

criley
Employee Accredited

Please add this suggestion to the ideas section so that it can be considered for future versions of the product:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/ideas

Danny_ter_Horst
Level 4

I just followed your suggestions..... we will have to wait....