Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring multiple remote VSR 22 installations

AlexNtowGH
Level 4
Partner

Hi there,

i have a couple of VSR desktop installations, these desktops can only be connected to using VPN.

Is it possible to configure the VSR Monitor or VSR Manager to connect to my the VSR desktop installations through VPN?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

akihiro1
Employee

I actually tried the VSR Manager via VPN in my environment.
But I could not add the Agent to VSR Manager via VPN.

To add Agents to VSR Manager, TCP135, 137, DCOM port and TCP4443 need to be accessible from VSR Manager to the Agent.
(In case of VSR Monitor, TCP135, 137, DCOM port need to be accessible from VSR Monitor to the Agent.)

So I used Wireshark in order to investigate the cause in my VPN environment.

According the packets on Wireshark, VSR manager or VSR monitor tried to firstly access TCP135 of Agent.
In my VPN environment, TCP135 port was blocked.

In addition, I tested a Powershell command "Test-netconnection <IP address> -port <port number>".
As the results, TCP135, 137 and 4443 were not accessible. The below result is a sample for TCP135 in my environment.

PS > test-netconnection x.x.x.x -port 135
WARNING: TCP connect to (x.x.x.x : 135) failed

In general, 
ComputerName : x.x.x.x
RemoteAddress : x.x.x.x
RemotePort : 135
InterfaceAlias : Ethernet 4
SourceAddress : y.y.y.y
PingSucceeded : True
PingReplyDetails (RTT) : 292 ms
TcpTestSucceeded : False

In general, VPN provides the secure network. So I guess that VSR Manager or Monitor may be unavailable in VPN environment.

Thanks for your response.

Is there any way to monitor these separate VSR installations in a different workgroups in a dashboard.

The VSR manager works only on the workgroup level.

Thanks

akihiro1
Employee

We can add computers in both domain and workgroup to VSR Manager.
Regarding "these separate VSR installations in a different workgroups", Concretely what environments do you consider ?

Thanks,
Akihiro

Hi Akihiro,

all the clients are predominantly on Window 10 and sometime window server 2016/19. 

The customer doesn't have an AD, also all the workgroups are disparate, not connected by WAN or LAN, just internet. The workgroups have 2 to 4 VSR clients in there! The customer currently connects to these clients using Anydesk remote tool.

Thanks

akihiro1
Employee

When there are all machines on Internet only, it is difficult to manage VSR machines on VSR Manager.

To use VSR Manager,  the VSR Manager has to be able to access TCP 135, 137, 4443 and DCOM ports on all VSR clients (Win 10 or Win server). But I guess that the accessing will not be allowed in the internet environment where Firewall or NAT exists.