Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring software installation in Symantec Management Solution 2011

mart_g
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Is there any way to monitor the progress or view the status of the System Recovery plugin and System Recovery installation deployed from Management Solution 2011?

5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you please be more specific. What do you mean exactly? What do you need to monitor?

mart_g
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Chris,

It seems that when deploying the plugin or system recovery from the management solution console, there is no where to view the progress. I wouldn't know how long it is going to take or if the installation is successful. I can send a screenshot if my explanation is still not clear.

criley
Employee Accredited

That's true, I don't believe there is anywhere that you can monitor this.

However, these components will be installed the next time that a managed client 'polls' the management server for updates - by default client machines check in once an hour to see if there is anything new waiting for them.

So really the install will happen at different intervals for different machines. It's not an instant push install in the same way that the Symantec Management Agent is.

Hope that helps.

mart_g
Level 4
Partner Accredited

That's is the problem, which I think is quite a silly implemention. I wouldn't know if the installation is failed until maybe 1 hr later.... and then have to re-install and wait again, without knowing instantly if it successful.

What I did to work around this is manually install using command line, which is tedious...

criley
Employee Accredited

All I can suggest is that you log an enhancement request for this feature:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/ideas