cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Incremental Jobs for one drive/partition

chelle
Not applicable

Hello Community

At the Moment we are evaluating a new Solution to backup. Now I would like to know if this is possible:

Let's say I have a C: and want to incrementally backup it to D:\ and E:\. (Image!)

Those two backups should be independent of eachother, so D: and E: both have a separate Full backup on which they individually build up the changes of the System.

So Monday(1) Wednesday(3) Friday(5) I would like to use D:\ and Tuesday(2) Thursday(4) E:\.

Is this possible? I don't understand why nearly no software can do this, cause it's very useful if you want to cycle and keep one HDD at home, and I really would be relieved if this would work anyhow because the rest of SSR 13 is good:>

Please let me know if you have any solution for me, I would appreciate it alot!

Greetings

chelle

2 REPLIES 2

criley
Employee Accredited

If I understand your question correctly - I think you are asking if you can create two recovery point set (so full + incrementals) backups of the SAME volume. Right? This is not possible and would be an enhancement request.

What you can do is use the offsite copy feature so that you have 2 copies of your backup files. Based on this comment ('cause it's very useful if you want to cycle and keep one HDD at home'), I think offsite copy would do what you need it do.

Hope that helps.

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Also another way of creating the jobs will be having "Indenpendent recovery point" sets i.e full backups.

So  Monday, Wednesday, Friday,would to use D:\ and Tuesday,  Thursday would use E: