cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My license does not work.

Brockes
Level 3

In 09/30/2013 i bought a SYMANTEC SYSTEM RECOVERY DESKTOP 2013 perpetual license and installed it on my personal computer. After made several backups I passed some time without to use this backup program. Then this year I decided to install SSRD 2013 on a new computer to navigate in old backups to recover some files, but my original license code didn't got activated the program. Searching on Google I found that SSR was sold to Veritas. I managed to got a new license number on Veritas account panel, but this year I had many troubles with my new PC (I'm overclocker) and I think that maybe i activated the new install using the new key, but after a few hours or days my new PC crashed forcing me reformat the hdd. In fact I lost the count of how many times that I formated my OS hdd this year. I tried to revoke my license to make a new install, but the Veritas panel doesn't provide this option. I tried to buy a new license of Veritas System Recovery 18, but all vendors in my country until now refuse to sell a license for a single desktop user arguing that they sell this product for corporations only. So, my question is: how I can get my SSRD 2013 license working on a Windows 10 Pro computer?

5 REPLIES 5

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

SSR 2013 is not compatible with Windows 10, see the here: https://download.veritas.com/resources/content/live/SOLUTIONS/201000/TECH201318/en_US/SSR_2013_SCL.p...

You need at least SSR 2013 R2 SP6

Okay, thanks by the reply, but you forgot to warn SSR 2013 about this incompatibility because I just installed it on my Win 10 Pro system yesterday, it executed live update 1 time and it performed a backup very well after the update. Unfortunately, it is refusing my original perpetual key from Symantec and the new key made by Veritas.

Before let it perform live update I downloaded all SPx releases files, but all of them refused to update SSR 2013 on my computer.

For a single user in Brazil I spend much money buying software. Comparing Veritas with other software firms, I see some backwardness or a little disonesty with user because of the impossibility to revoke licenses, what contradict the company's name.

From Symantec, Microsoft, Paragon, Easeus until the little Securstar all of them allow me to revoke my licenses to perform a new install, but Veritas dishonestly knocked down my SSR 2013 perpetual license.

criley
Employee Accredited

@Brockes

As Markus says, the version of SSR you currently have does not support Windows 10.

You need to upgrade to VSR 18. Locating a partner to help: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi-4fjLreje...

Or, contact the Veritas Brazil office: https://www.veritas.com/company/contact

Free 60-day trial of VSR 18: https://www.veritas.com/trial/en/us/system-recovery-18

I'm not sure what you mean by 'revoke' licenses ??

Hope this helps.

@crileyRevoking a license consists of logging into the software manufacturer's website and disabling a license that has been generated for a particular machine so that the software can be installed on another machine or on the same machine after formatting the hard disk. Symantec offers this option for all of its products that I know of. Microsoft offers for Windows 10 and Office 360. Easeus offer for their disk utilities. Disc Soft Ltd offers for Daemon Tools (excellent program to avoid wear on DVD-ROMs). Securstar offers for DriveCript, etc.

This license revocation system saves a lot of time when it is necessary to format the HDD of a machine or when switching from an old machine to a new machine, since the user simply logs in to the manufacturer's website, revoke the license installed on the old machine and generate a new license for the new machine without having to speak to technical support by phone, email, or chat.

If you meant that SSR 2013 does not support Windows 10 because my one-year technical support agreement has expired then you're right.

But if you wanted to say that SSR 2013 does not work on Windows 10 because software incompatibilities then you're wrong because yesterday I installed SSR 2013 on a PC with Windows 10 Pro and it worked perfectly making 3 backups.

That is, I do not have a technical problem with the SSR 2013 installed on my computer, what is happening is that it refuses to accept my license key and this is a technical problem from Veritas, because when the SSR 2013 belonged to Symantec my key was accepted by the program.

Yesterday I came to think of buying a license of SSR 18, but as the sale is very bureaucratic (I would have to have a registered company to buy it) and the SSR 2013 is working perfectly on my Windows 10 Pro system, I gave up buying a SSR 18 license.

Before writing this message I spoke with the phone support in Brazil and they said they will solve this technical problem in the Veritas portal next week.

To conclude, I suggest that Veritas adopt a key revocation system on your portal so your customers can generate and revoke keys for themselves without having to write long messages or talk too much over the phone.

Best regards.

criley
Employee Accredited

@Brockes

Regarding licenses, you will need to speak to our customer care team (sounds like you may have done so already) as this is not something that I can personally help with.

But if you wanted to say that SSR 2013 does not work on Windows 10 because software incompatibilities then you're wrong because yesterday I installed SSR 2013 on a PC with Windows 10 Pro and it worked perfectly making 3 backups.

What I mean is that it is NOT supported. Yes, it may work.... but you will not get any support from Veritas should you have problems because this version was never tested with Win 10. Backups may work but do restores work - for example.

That is, I do not have a technical problem with the SSR 2013 installed on my computer, what is happening is that it refuses to accept my license key and this is a technical problem from Veritas, because when the SSR 2013 belonged to Symantec my key was accepted by the program.

It is refusing to accept the license key because this version was never supported (see above) with Win 10. We actually had an issue with SSR 2013 R2 where that also did not accept a valid license - this was addressed in that version once we confirmed support for Win 10.