cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIC driver problem with BESR

ca
Level 3
Accredited
I'm tring a trial version of Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Desktop Edition
(Version: 6.5.0.14095) and the HP_dc5700 desktop (pn EW290AV)  i have problem with NIC,
it has Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet and the enviroment check fails on that
but this model is listed in the storage devices and NIC support documantation as supported.
anyone has any suggestions?
what will be the work around ?

thanks in advance
CA
8 REPLIES 8

Sandeep_Kamble
Level 2
Hi,

You can provide the NIC drivers seperately using Lightsout Restore option. But I dought it might not work as you are using a trial version.

Sandy

JWK
Level 4
So I guess if this person has their image stored on the network, they can't restore?

T-Bone65
Level 3
Hi CA,

You may want to get the latest version of the trialware. I have just been down that road and if you send an email to NIC@symantec.com they will send you a verified version of the recovery envirnoment CD (in ISO)...this is what worked for me with the BCOM 5708C.

Here is a link to the doc I found on it..

http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/n2006062709531060

Hope that helps,
T

ca
Level 3
Accredited
Thanks T bone65

but what conditions will symatec have for that? did you realy got a .iso image created by symantec ?
I also have the latest version of the software.

CA

Tianxiang_Chua
Level 3
Hi CA,

Not really sure if Symantec will give you a custom CD if you are not a customer yet. But I did got a custom CD from Symantec when I have the same problems with the NetXtreme II.

Hope this helps.

Vladimir_Vucini
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi,

If you are thinking about BESR you can wait for a couple of days, since after 17. april Symantec will release new version 7.0 and in this version you can build custom bootable CD - SRD with drivers that you need. On the other hand, in this new version your NIC driver is probably included.

Sincerely yours,
Vladimir Vucinic

ca
Level 3
Accredited
thanks Vladimire

i read the BESR v7.0  new features.hope it will help me .
but any idea how soon they release V7 as on trialware?

(trialware still offers 6.5 )

CA

Vladimir_Vucini
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi CA,

Symantec told us that BESR 7.0 will be available after 25.4.2007. but I don't know if it will be on web site for trial download.

Please, take a note that all previous trial downloads was not ISO images, so you do not get most important part - bootable CD. I don't know what kind of trial download will be put now, for new version, but I sugest to you to contact neares decent Symantec Partner that can give you trial CD (that is bootable). This will give you the chance to test the product for 60 days (without license file) and if you decide to use it all you need is License setificate which you can use to generate license file.

Best regards,
Vladimir Vucinic