cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help!!

Nola26
Level 2

I just purchased Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 with 42 licenses.  I have never used ghost software before but it was recomended by another agency.  I have two types of laptops.  I need to image each one and deploy that image to 42 other laptops.  How do I do this? I bought the software online and I didnt get user guide and everything I read online is very confusing.  Can anyone give me the walk through?

1 REPLY 1

M-NYC
Level 3

If you don;t have any experiance imaging workstations this is probably much to complicated a topic to run through on a forum.

I haven;t used the version of Ghost you are talking about but here is the basic run down of how to make Ghost image for deployment (Assuming you are using MS-Windows of some kind)

1. Install the OS and create the master image on a workstation (I typically use the least powerful machine in the environment).

2. Take an image of the completely setup/configured machine and call it PreSysPrep-imageversion-date

3. Run Sysprep on the machine -- Sysprep will shut the machine off when it;s done.

4. Take an image of the machine the very next time it is powered on  and call it DeploymentImage-version-date

--Use the DeploymentImage-version-date image to clone the other workstations in your environment.

--Use the PreSysPrep-imageversion-date whenever you want to update your build

Here is a link to Sysprep http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457073.aspx

If you want to use 1 image for several types of machines it is going to get much more complicated. I suggest you look through a bunch of the microsoft info on sysprep and get use to using it and then move on to trying to handle multiple models of computers w/ 1 image.