cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help setting up backup job w/ rotating media

CTS-Tech
Level 3

Have an SBS 2008 Server running Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 (SBS Edition).

Im not sure if we are setting the backup correctly - we are getting these errors via email:

• Info 6C8F1C2F: A recovery point operation on drive Full_Backup was cancelled by the user.
  • Error E7D1001F: Unable to write to file.
  • Error E7D1003C: There is not enough space.
  • Error EBAB03F1: There is not enough space on the disk.

There is 1 backup job setup and a different external drive for each day M-F.

Job is setup for:

• C: & D: to backup to F:\Backups\
  • Verify recovery point
  • Recovery points limited to 3
  • M-F 10pm
  • Start a new recovery point set Monthly

External Drives:

• 465 GB each
  • Monitor disk space usage set to 461 GB
  • Automatically optimize storage

Everything else is set to defaults.  Are the settings wrong?

Are the daily drives rotation the problem?

12 REPLIES 12

CTS-Tech
Level 3

Anyone?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, I think I remember that the monitor disk space usage and automatically optimize storage settings don't work on external storage or something. You might try to use the "Limit the number of recovery point sets
saved for this backup" option. See page 80 of the users guide for details.

CTS-Tech_2
Not applicable

Thanks Markus for responding. I've applied the changes you suggested, but i'm still getting the following errors:

Info 6C8F043D: Recovery point F:\Backups\CLIENTSERVER_C_Drive060.v2i deleted to comply with the number of recovery points to save for each drive. Error E98F0038: Specified object cannot be removed as dependency exist.

Any Ideas?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, you could try and manually delete ALL recovery points and start over new ?

CTS-Tech
Level 3

OK, all recovery points have been deleted off all the drives (after saving the most recent to a drive on the Server).

Recovery points are limited to 3 and automatically optimize storage is disabled.

We'll see if that works.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Did it work ?

CTS-Tech
Level 3

We get email notifications of:

Description: Info 6C8F1F7D: A scheduled base recovery point of drive C:\ was created successfully.

Description: Info 6C8F043D: Recovery point F:\Backups\HANSERVER_C_Drive070.v2i deleted to comply with the number of recovery points to save for each drive. Error E98F0038: Specified object cannot be removed as dependency exist.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Well this might be a result of a backup existing on another media.

CTS-Tech
Level 3

So for tonight, the Tuesday drive is in and there are restore points for 11/1, 11/8 and 11/22.  The drive has 465GB total space with 65.5GB currently free.

The backups are 135GB so it should have to delete the 11/1 restore point to make room for the 12/6.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Let us know what happens tonight

CTS-Tech
Level 3

More of this:

Description: Info 6C8F043D: Recovery point F:\Backups\HANSERVER_C_Drive078.v2i deleted to comply with the number of recovery points to save for each drive. Error E98F0038: Specified object cannot be removed as dependency exist.

I also noticed that when I open "Manage Backup Destination" that there are no recovery points available, even though they are there when I look in the drive.  It doesn't see them for some reason.

Would the UAC have anything to do with this?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, I don't think  that UAC has any influence.