Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Need help with RAID 1 configuration on WIndows Server 2003 R2

passinc
Not applicable

System Information:

OS: Microsoft WIndows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition Service Pack 1
BESR: Version 8.0.1.24979 ( downloading 9.0.1 currently and debating upgrading )
RIAD Controller: Promise Fasttrak TX2300 Sata in a RAID 1 configuration

I have 5 servers with identical set ups. They all have a C and D partition. They all have the exact same hard ware. AB 1450 R industrial PC with dual 80 Gig Hitachi SATA hard drives. I am seeing different backup results on several of the PC's.

I have 3 of the 5 PC's that I can only back up the D partition. I have set up serveral different type of Backup jobs where I try to back up All Drives, back up the C and D partition, back up just the C partition, and back up just the D partition. I can only get the D partition to back up. When I run the back up just the C partition I get the error: ( Cannot create recovery points for job:" X " None of the source drives are currently available. )

I have 1 of the 5 PC's that backs up fine with no problems.

I have 1 of the PC's that I can only back up the C partition.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client software several times with no luck. I have been trying to find something similar on the forums with no luck also. The only thing I have not tried so far is rebuilding the RAID 1 volume and seeing if that makes a difference. I just have not had the server down time yet to try this out.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks!!

0 REPLIES 0