cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Prepend server name to all backups

Darktan
Level 3
Hello all,

I have a small issue. We use BESR (7-8.5.3. I so need to update all the servers) to backup our servers to near-line storage and then use our tape system to backup up those files to tape for off-site storage. What we're running into is this. We use a script to pull the iv2i files from the near-line location to different tapes. We are looking for $servername_XXXX.iv2i. Some of our servers are backed up to different tapes for DR purposes and for easier maintenance. The problem I'm having is some of the servers are not prepending with the server name for all the drives being backed up. I need set this in BESR and I can't find the option. Does anyone know where this setting is? I can't seem to find it for the life of me either during the job setup or in the options of the program.

Thank you

Peace
3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited
Go to Tasks - Options - General and you should see an option called 'Prepend computer name to backup data file names'. This should be enabled by default.

Darktan
Level 3
That's what I thought and the option is checked. But I have a couple servers where it's not doing it.

An example... I created a backup job for the C:\ and it backs up to the correct filename. I then had to add a second drive and that filename is missing the computer name. So for this job I have one file that works and the other that doesn't. I have not recreated the job yet. I wanted to explore options before nuking the job.

criley
Employee Accredited
OK, so you added the other driver after the job was created then?

If that is the case, why not try an independent backup of that new drive to see if this works? If that does work, I suspect you may need to re-create your job.