cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Backup Exec System Recovery. Questions Questions Questions

kristopherjturn
Not applicable
So our district upgraded our SEP11 License to the full Protection Suite which includes SNAC and also Backup Exec System Recovery.  To be honest I don't know much about it and/or what advantages to have it.

I have  build a test VM and installed just the Management system.  To my surprise it is just an NS console just running Backup Exec.  We have an existing Dell Management Console in place which again is a scaled down version of Altiris.  What would one do with this situation?  Should I just install this on our current NS server?  Should I keep them apart and just make one a child of the other?

Any suggestions will be accepted?  Also, stories on how you use this product in your environment will help also.
1 REPLY 1

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Kristopher,

Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Management Solution (BESRMS) is also one of the plugin under Backup and Recovery for Altiris as you already have Dell Management Console for other purpose. Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Management Solution is primarily use for Management of Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 (BESR) which is used for doing the volume level backups of windows and Linux Servers. Using BESRMS you can deploy the installation of BESR on Windows and Linux Servers.

You can find more information about BESRMS at http://support.veritas.com/docs/336737