cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Symantec Backup Exec, Backup is no longer working

Avizimento
Not applicable
So to start things off right, I have never used Symantec Backup Exec. I am basically an interim IT guy until the replace me with a new IT manager. The guy before me basically up and left without saying a word or documenting anything and there was no one else here that knows how the server stuff works.

From what I've gathered, there is a back up that is performed every night Monday-Friday and then on Friday the data is stored onto an 80GB tape. This is what imagine is going on:

June  1st   - backup to hard drive
June  2nd  - backup to hard drive
June  3rd   - backup to hard drive
June  4th   - backup to hard drive
June  5th   - backup to hard drive -> backup entire week to 80GB tape

etc, etc, etc...

This was working up until recently when the system has appeared to stop backing up the individual days.Screen Shot of problem

So apologize if this doesn't make much sense but I'm really unfamiliar with this software. Anyway, I appreciate any help that anyone can give. Let me know if you have any questions or need more of an explanation. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

kubby
Level 2
With the information you have given I dnt think many ppl will be able to help you out....

BTW its a fair easy app to handle... read the User guide and I am sure you will be able to solve it yourself !!

Cheers !!

kubby
Level 2
BTW you can try running the backup jobs manually !

thomas_olsen44-
Level 3
Hi

If you doubleclick on one of the failed jobs, you might be able to find out more about the reason why the job is failing.
Expand the job log and look for errors, lack of permissions, etc.

Cheers,