cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Question Recover Manager

J_Chang
Level 2
I have a W2K server which already has LiveState Advanced Server installed. Can I install LiveState Recovery Manager Server 6 on this same server or do I need to uninstall the Advanced Server first? Also, do I need to install the Recovery Manager Console on this same box to manage Recovery Manager? Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

Mr__Fabietto
Level 4
Employee
Hi,

Here are the responses to your questions:

1) Can I install LiveState Recovery Manager Server 6 on this same server?

Yes, you can.

2) Do I need to install the Recovery Manager Console on this same box to manage Recovery Manager? It is not necessary, you could install the Console on another machine than the Recovery Manager Server.

Hope this helps

Mr Fabietto
-----------------------------------------------------
MSN Spaces: http://fcerullo.spaces.msn.com
-----------------------------------------------------

J_Chang
Level 2
Thank you for the info. I now have another question. I started installing the Recovery Manager and it gets to the "Importing the Symantec LiveState Recovery Manager 6.0 server packages" screen and it seems to just hang... It stayed at this screen for over 1 hour yesterday. This can't be normal. I stopped the installation, removed the installation, deleted the c:\symantec\livestate folder, rebooted the server and then tried again. And it's the same thing over and over. What is causing this and is this normal? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

techno_nerd
Level 4
Mr. J Cheng,

Are you running LSRM 6.0.2? If not, then I would recommend starting with getting the 6.0.2 version, uninstalling it from the existing machines and running the latest version.

Thanks,

Technonerd