cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Backup 'Disabled'

legaleagle
Level 4

In the Advanced window one column is headed Next Backup.

The rows list separately my c: and d: drive but the Next Backup always has Disabled. This is despite that it backs up at the next scheduled backup..

Is something wrong?

11 REPLIES 11

legaleagle
Level 4

Each day after what it seems is a successful backup with a tick beside the backed up disk I get the following error when I check the event log. This is the last message in a list of messages which are all successful.

Error EC8F17B9: The job is currently disabled.
Error EBAB03F1: Operation aborted.
Details:
Source: Symantec System Recovery

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Which version of BESR/SSR are you running ? Can you also post a screenshoot ?

legaleagle
Level 4

We are running SBS2003 and SSR 2011 ver. 10.0.1.41704

Attached is a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

C & D are being backed up to F. All the events in the log were succssesful until the last event. The day before there was also Disabled in the Next Backup field yet as you can see it says Backed up in the status field.

I have another problem which may be connected, that often it won't back up at all unless I have edited the task, pressed next till the end without changing any settings and finish. Each time I take the disk out and put it back in in the next cycle I must do this again or it will not create a restore point.

In the instance below however this did not happen but I got this screen at the end.

Many thanks

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Sorry for the dumb question but: Do you one backupjob for C and D or separate backp jobs ? Do the jobs finish successfully for both C or not ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates ?

legaleagle
Level 4

Sorry for the delay. We do one single job for c and d.

I have solved the 'disabled' in the next backup column. There was a completed separate task which was disabled and  it was only when I deleted it that the 'disabled' disappeared. This is strange as you would have thought that each backup task is independent but this is what happened.

I am however still getting that error on the last task of the event log which you can see on the screenshot above.

Thanks

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You mean the error stating the current job is disabled ?

legaleagle
Level 4

No. The 'disabled' in the Next Backup field is resolved. But look at this screen shot at the bottom and you will see there is still an error. I can't see anything that is disabled.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, there seems to be a ghost job. How many *.pqj do you have unter %allusersprofile%\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Schedules ?

legaleagle
Level 4

I have only 2 pjq files there which makes sense as I have two tasks. I interchange between the 2 tasks on alternate weeks as I have 2 sets of usb drives. For some reason one set works and the other doesn't. The one that doesn't I have to edit the task each time before a backup although I change nothing. When it finally does work it return the error I placed at the top.

The idea of getting SSR was for simplicity and it has been anything but.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, sometimes it helped to stop the Management Agent and the SSR service, delete all the PQJ files, then start the SSR and management agent.