cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightly backup of dell server cause mirrored disk to go offline...

kempfta
Level 3
I have a Dell Power Edge 830 server with a CERC SATA 1.5/6ch SATA controller. I have two 160 GB harddrives in a mirrored configuation using this controller.

Prior to the install of BESR 8.5 server edition I had no trouble with my drives or controller. Once I installed BESR and schedulled a backup everynight I had one or both disk drives go offline about 30 seconds after my BESR backup began to run. I originally thought it was my controller. I replaced the controller and one drive, to still, on a nightly basis have one disk go offline. The audio alarm of the server alerted my to the disk errors in the morning when I walked into the server room. After un-installing  BESR completely I have had no issues with my disks since. I really want to run BESR but need help figuring out a way to remedy the disk issue as I have to reboot the server to bring the failed disk back online.

Here is a little bit more about my configuration which might help:

BESR 8.5, Server Edition DELL packaged OEM version,  I applied all patches from this site was the latest version of 8.5

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.
Todd

1 REPLY 1

kempfta
Level 3

ANY IDEAS?