cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No KVM after Restore anywhere to different hardware

rhino7961
Level 4

I am using Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 R2 this also happens with 8.53

I am restoring from an IBM 3550 M2 to an IBM 3550 M1  I am able to restore the image fine but have problems when booting the first time to the operating system.

During the mini-setup an automatic scan of the hardware is made to determine what drivers are needed.  The drivers for Keyboard Video Mouse are detected and the appropriate drivers are prompted to install.

The install location to install the driver set is listed on the screen in a windows pop up box.  You can see the last 4 subdirectories that the driver set should be located in but cannot scroll back to the beginning subdirectory because the Keyboard Mouse drivers are not active so there is no input capability to the hardware to move the mouse or type on the keyboard.  The driver it is looking for is ioatdma.sys    It's a chipset driver.  We are able to find the file it is looking for on other servers running windows 2003 R2.  The problem is what directory do you put  the file in so that the mini setup finds the proper driver files?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You can try the restore by not selecting the option to Run Mini-setup after the restore.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You can try the restore by not selecting the option to Run Mini-setup after the restore.

Thanks,

-Sush...

rhino7961
Level 4

Thanks for the advice but I tried that and get the same thing.

rhino7961
Level 4

After looking into the original solution above and getting my ducks in a row, the above solution is the answer.  When you click the restore anywhere option, hold down the shift key and you get three extra undocumented hidden options.  Select all three and be prepared to have all of your driver sets because you will be prompted for each hardware driver in a not very name friendly manner.  I provided drivers for my Raid Controller and NIC driver.  There was one other driver I couldn't find so I ignored it but the OS came up after the Restore Anywhere.