cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No target drives listed in SSR 2013

James_Walton
Level 4

Hi

I am attempting to restore a server snapshot using the Symantec System Recovery boot CD but no target drives are being listed.

The server is a vmware/vcloud VM. I have run the driver validation tool which only mentioned the network driver was missing, which I have resolved. It didn't say anything about the storage driver being missing.

If I run a cmd from the Analyse menu and run diskpart, there are no fixed disks to show.

The VM boots in to the OS fine, so I know the virtual hard drive assigned to the VM is functioning fine.

Any ideas please?

Cheers,

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

James_Walton
Level 4

I resolved this by copying the 'pvscsi' folder (which contains the vmware paravirtual SCSI storage drivers) from a different VM (C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\Drivers\pvscsi) and pasting it in to the SSR ISO and then building a new boot disc/ISO.

I then had to manually load the .inf within the SSR menu.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

James_Walton
Level 4

I resolved this by copying the 'pvscsi' folder (which contains the vmware paravirtual SCSI storage drivers) from a different VM (C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\Drivers\pvscsi) and pasting it in to the SSR ISO and then building a new boot disc/ISO.

I then had to manually load the .inf within the SSR menu.