cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able To Configure Azure Direct Backup In Trial Version

maintech
Level 3

Hi, we are evaluating Veritas System Recovery Basic Edition Trial and can't select our Azure storage acccount as the backup destination.  Is this a limitation of the Trial Version? The Download OpenStorage Files option is greyed out in Advanced as well.

Thank you,

Jim

11 REPLIES 11

criley
Employee Accredited

@maintech 

This should work even in trial mode.

Are you using a 64 or 32bit operating system? Direct-to-cloud is only supported on 64bit (https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/37874213-138079521-0/v135196090-138079521).

Thanks for replying.  I'm running 64 bit and Download Openstorage Files option is dimmed, see attatched.

TY JimCapture.jpg

criley
Employee Accredited

@maintech 

This may be an issue with the installation. Can you provide the install log (SSRINST.HTM) which can be found in \ProgramData\Veritas\Veritas System Recovery\Logs\

It failed a bunch of times because I didn't realize I needed .NET Framework 3.5 but it installed successfully after I put that in.

criley
Employee Accredited

@maintech 

At this point, I'm not sure why that option is greyed out. Can I just go back to your other comment ..

Hi, we are evaluating Veritas System Recovery Basic Edition Trial and can't select our Azure storage acccount as the backup destination

So what happens exactly when you try to browse to your Azure account?

See attatched.

criley
Employee Accredited

@maintech 

Could you try the following please:

As you type in the path for Azure, you should notice that the box below (where it says Destination Details) switches from Local destination to OpenStorage destination.

Type in azure:azure.com/

Once you put in the '/', that is when it recognises it's a cloud path rather than standard disk/UNC path.

Nope not recognizing it as a cloud path.

criley
Employee Accredited

@maintech 

Looks like you are missing the button (on right side below the browse button) for cloud for some reason.

You can try the following to see if it helps:

• Close VSR
  • Stop the Veritas System Recovery service
  • Rename the following folder: \ProgramData\Veritas\Veritas System Recovery\Schedule (rename to schedule.old)
  • Rename the following folder: \ProgramData\Veritas\Veritas System Recovery\History (rename to History.old)
  • Start Veritas System Recovery service
  • Now try and create a new backup job to see if the cloud button is available on the Backup Destinations screen

Please note that renaming the history and schedule folders will mean that you lose existing backup jobs and history information for backups that have already ran.

Nope no cloud button.

FYI, apparantly the Trial Basic Version does not support Azure since as soon as I purchased the paid version everything works fine, even have a cloud button, see attatched.