cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offisite Backup

Kim_peck
Not applicable

Hi,

I have been looking for a backup solution for our company laptops.

All users a programmed / forced to save all work into a single directory i.e "c:\work" which my documents etc etc is also remapped to.

I'm really not intrested in backing up the entire laptop as this would make the project  un-workable

200 - 300 laptop @ approx 30gb = no point

I'm more intrested in the users work directory as we can next day to any location a replacement for a failed system.

Question

Is there any way the offsite option can be enabled for a directory ???

Regards

1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
At this time the offsite copy feature is to duplicate recovery point images made at a storage location to a 2nd location; it does not work with file and folder copy feature within the product.  You may want to simply setup a batch script sent out as part of a login script, that uses the Windows Scheduler to xcopy the contents of this folder to a sub-folder based on the %computername% variable on the system(s) the batch file is ran upon; since the BESR application would have to make a full disk image first before it can consider using it to make just incremental updates that would include the changes make to this sub-folder. If these laptops are of the same make and model, consider using the Symantec Ghost application to create a model image that can be used to roll out to a laptop who’s software may in the future become corrupt, and a 2nd login script to batch file the contents on the share for this specific user files back to the system.