cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offsite Copy not working: Error ED800012

Wolf__
Level 3

I am using SSR 2013 on my PC (using Window 7) and cannot get the Offsite Copy feature to work.  Currently, my main backup is to an external Western Digital Mybook drive connected by USB to the PC.  I have the SSR set to create a new full recovery point every month, and an incremental backup every evening.  In the settings for the backup job, I have selected the Offsite Copy option.  The destination for the Offsite Copy is another Western Digital Mybook also connected to the PC by USB (labelled as the G Drive).  Every evening, the SSR does copy some files to the G Drive, but with many problems:  (1) when I try browsing the files on the G Drive, SSR give me an error message that says "ERROR ED800012: The internal structure of the recovery point file (Last File Frame) is invalid, damaged or unsupported"  ; (2) the total file size of the backup on the G Drive is about half the file size that is being copied; and (3) the files on the G drive include those from the "C" drive on my PC but not the "D" drive on my PC (a logical partition).   None of these problems exist on the SSR backup job on the main backup drive.  I had assumed that the Offsite Copy would be essentially the same file as on my primary backup device, but it is not.  If someone can direct me to the right resource to research this problem I would appreciate it. 

1 REPLY 1

lmosla
Level 6

Hi, 

check out this document for help with this error  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH54676