cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offsite backup is not working

heinzelrumpel
Level 4

Hi,

we are using BESR 2010 in a domain. Offsite backup is working fine on alle machines, exept on one which is not member of our domain. Normal backup on a domain shares works great, but not offsite. I have checked all acl etc. on the target and even the credentials which are  provided during setup of offsite backup are correct. Does anybody have an idea, where too look for a solution? Thank you.

Regards,

Heinzelrumpel

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Whats the actual error message ?

heinzelrumpel
Level 4

Hi,

when I try to add an offsite-copy target I am asked to enter the credentials for that specific network share. This share lies on a domain member server. I provide the credentials as "domainname\administrator" and then password for that user. The error message says:

[quote]

Fehler E7D10041: Netzwerverbindung ztu \\192.168.1.14\backup$ nicht möglich.

Fehler EBAB03F1: Der angegebene Netzwerkpfad wurde von keinem Netzwerkdienstanbieter angenommen.

SDie können unter Umständen nur dann eine Verbindung mit dem Netzwerk herstellen, wenn Sie einen gültigen Benutzernamen und ein gültiges Passwort eingeben.

Möchten Sie ihre Netzwerkidentifikationsdaten jetzt eingeben?

[/quote]

The credentials are o.k. and using windows explorer with this unc path opens the share correctly. I allready checked with the command "net user" if ther are  any connections  established preventing this instance from connection. negative.

Not clue why BESR ist not able to access that share.

Regards

Heinzelrumpel

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Die Fehlermeldung deutet, zumindest bei mir, darauf hin, dass das Zielgerät IP mäßig nicht erreichbar ist. Vielleicht ist im Kontext des Systems ein net use noch aktiv. Haben Sie es mal mit einem neustart versucht ?

DaveT
Level 4
Partner

Try mapping the target folder directly, e.g. \\servername\d$\folder.  I've had problems with older versions of BESR where mapping to a share did not work, but mapping directly did work.  And vice versa, where a mapped share did work, but a direct mapping did not work.

Hope this helps.

Dave T.

heinzelrumpel
Level 4

Hi,

I have got is fixed. Instead of using \\IP\sharename I am now using \\netbiosname\sharename. This way it works perfectly. Don't ask me why.

Regards

Heinzelrumpel

nhibbard
Level 2

I'm having trouble pointing to a western digital mybook world ethernet drive. Currently I use \\netbiosname\shared folder and I keep getting an error on some but not all of the offsite backups. Any potential issues you can see with an offsite ethernet drive over a server. I'm using the drive because I don't want to leave a computer on and worry about someone shutting it off on me.