cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offsite copy failed in Backup Exec System Recovery

jdeepak46
Level 3

Hi Guys,

I am not so much familiar with Symantec Backup Exec system Recovery. I am facing a critical issue with symantec System recovery offsite Backup.

From last Few days my Offsite copy has been failed with following error in symatec.

Error EC8F1F5B: Cannot create offsite copy for job Drive Backup of (C:\), Data (D:\).
    Error EC8F1F5E: Cannot create offsite copy of \\192.168.0.250\backup\EpicApp\EPICAPP_D_Drive084_i001.iv2i.
    Error EC8F1F5E: Cannot create offsite copy of \\192.168.0.250\backup\EpicApp\EPICAPP_C_Drive084_i001.iv2i.
Error EBAB03F1: Unspecified error. (UMI:V-281-3215-8027)

I have searched the Event ID and found following :-

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    Backup Exec System Recovery
Event Category:    Medium Priority
Event ID:    100
Date:        6/16/2011
Time:        6:39:39 PM
User:        N/A
Computer:    MSERVER
Description:
Error EC8F1F5B: Cannot create offsite copy for job Drive Backup of (C:\).
    Error EC8F1F5E: Cannot create offsite copy of \\192.168.0.250\backup\EpicAppD_Drive084_i001.iv2i.
    Error EC8F1F5E: Cannot create offsite copy of \\192.168.0.250\backup\EpicApp\tserver _C_Drive084_i001.iv2i.
Error EBAB03F1: Unspecified error. (UMI:V-281-3215-8027)

Details:
Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

Guys I have searched over net regarding this problem and I found lots of sites saying that its related with the insufficent space on FTP server or user credential problem. But I have checked it and found there is no problem related with space or credential. I have also checked the offsite location and it is ok.

I am facing same problem on other two servers also.

Guys please help me out........Please reply me ASAP.

1 REPLY 1

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

What version of the software are you using? Use LiveUpdate to get to the latest build, as there have been some improvements made to offsite.

When you get the error, can you open Windows Explorer and browse to \\192.168.0.250\backup\? If so, can you manually copy the same file to that location through Windows Explorer?

1. Make sure the system's network utilization is minimal during offsite copy process to allow ample bandwidth.
2. Check that the BESR service is not hung after the backup process but before the Offsite copy process. If hung, restart the service and re-run the job using the "Run job with options" to start an incremental backup. Once the incremental finishes, see if the offsite copy is succesful.
3. Check network connection to and from the agent to offsite location (i.e.AppCritical test);

4. Update NIC firmware/drivers, look for semaphore timeout Windows application events and ensure that the connection is not metered/limited in bytes passed, and that the DR site does not need a "stay alive" connection to be sent.