cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On recovery to dissimilar hardware....0xc0000417 error

TickingMind
Level 2

Trying to recover a Windows XP Test Machine from one hardware device (older Dell computer) to a new HP desktop to test the dissimilar hardware restore capabilities of BESR v10

On first run, I restored from the Dell to a Toshiba notebook. No problems with this scenario, restore went fine.

Moving onwards, I went from the Dell to the HP desktop, getting an error as soon as I go to run the restore operation from the boot CD.

V2iSR application error

The exception unknown software exception 0xc0000417 occured in application at location 0x008e00c5e

You know, I would have thought that taking a desktop and moving it to a notebook would have been the more cumbersome task, but that worked fine. Going from desktop to desktop is giving me the hassle.

Any help is appreciated!

TM

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you confirm; at which point exactly do you see this error?

TickingMind
Level 2

The GUI appears after booting from the CD.

I select the recover computer option, there is a pause, perhaps 1 to 2 seconds, then the error appears. It does not crash the GUI, it just does not seem to allow me to use the recover option because I get the error.

The problem occurs everytime (i.e. retrying the recover option gives me the exact same error)

criley
Employee Accredited

Try this to see if it helps:

1. Boot off the SRD

2. From the GUI, click on 'Analyze', then 'Explore My Computer'

3. Browse to where your recovery points are stored and delete the 'VProRecovery' folder (might be an idea to copy to temp location just in case)

Once you have done that, try running the restore wizard again.