cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Time Virtual Conversion error EBAB03F1

ruanlotter
Not applicable

Hi,

I am getting the following error when I try to convert some of my server V2i drive backups to a vhd file (Virtual Drive).

Error EC8F1F48: The conversion process could not be completed. Error EC8F1F45: Cannot convert image file. Error EBAB03F1: Unspecified error.

Details: 

Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

I am running Symantec Backup EXEC System Recovery 8

Many thanks,
Ruan

10 REPLIES 10

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello,

Are you using the original 8.0 version, or the latest service pack update?

Thanks.

dataanywhere
Level 3
Using BESR 8.5.3.31483, we are having this problem with 3 different recovery points; 1 of them is a single large 653GB file, the other 2 are split into 4GB and 5.2GB files that total the same.

The single 653GB file and the set of 124 5.2GB files are of the same server (Windows 2008 SBS) and drive.  The recovery point set created with the 4.5GB files is of a Windows 2003 SBS Server and also totals roughly 700GB.    The 2008 server is a migrated server of the 2003 server, thus, we are trying to get a VHD of the original server's data drive that we can mount in a VE.

Oddly enough, the "C" (system) drive portion of the recovery point in all cases converts just fine, just the large data drive (E) does not.

In one case, the recovery set was created on the same server and stored locally on a separate drive.  In the other cases, we ran "Independent" backups across the network - they took over 24 hours to complete.

Using the recovery point browser, I can open the v2i files and recover files from them.  I just can't convert them to virtual disks (neither VHDs nor VMDKs).

- Geoff

Juha_Honkanen
Level 3
Partner
I have similar problem with my BESR 8.5.1.296666. I can't conver my C: to VHD with virtual conversion. The size of the hard drive is 881Gb. I still have two other partitions that are 2Gb and 55Gb and the conversion does not have any problem with these ones.

The same error than Ryan had appears on my event log also.

I have tried with 2 different computer to make that conversion. Also Tried to put all files (source and destination) to same folder and drive.

Does BESR support large drive conversions?

- Juha

criley
Employee Accredited
This issue does seem to be related to large drives/partitions.

What make/model of servers is everyone using - Dell, HP ?

Juha_Honkanen
Level 3
Partner
We are using HP Proliant DL180 G5 server.

criley
Employee Accredited
Are you able to convert your C drive to VMDK ?

dataanywhere
Level 3
Nope.  Here's the latest comment I have from Symantec Enterprise Support:

"I just wanted to let you know that we are continuing to work on this issue. We have reproduced the error when trying to convert a large volume and we are attempting to find the root cause."

criley
Employee Accredited
I've been able to reproduce this issue here. We now have a public doc on this:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/323961

If you are also unable to convert to VMDK then you may have a slightly different issue. If that is the case, you should open up a case with Symantec Tech Support so that it can be looked at in more detail.

dataanywhere
Level 3
Hi Chris, thanks for pointing us to this doc; it's very informative.  Does Symantec use a library from VMWare to convert to VMDKs?  That would explain why my vmdk's are failing also. 

Juha_Honkanen
Level 3
Partner
Yesterday I converted my drives to VMDK with no problems (C drive is approx. 800GB size). So I have problem only to convert that to VHD.

Is it possible somehow to convert VMDK files to VHD ?