cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One or more recovery points are not available at their location

BJB
Level 5

I know what this message means and I know why I get it.  I have made one time backups to external drives.  My current live backups destinations (2 jobs) are both available.   Those backups are there, I just don't keep all of my external drives on and plugged into the computer all the time!

How do I surpress this constant windows notification area popup without also surpressing all other Veritas backup "errors".  I went into settings and saw the options...but I just want this notificatino to go away, not if one of my incremental backup jobs failes for some reason.

Ironic...it popped up yet again while I was typing this post!!!

Thanks,

BJB

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

@BJB

I don't think there is anything you can do about this I'm afraid.

This sounds like an enhancement request where the software would need to ignore (or you can choose to tell it to ignore) any drives that are not currently plugged in.

Thanks. What notification  surpession checkbox in settings would make this go away.

Thanks,

BJB

criley
Employee Accredited

@BJB

Ref: https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/38007533-38009751-0/v35814407-38009751

I'm not entirely sure but it's likely to be status or error messages. However, as you mentioned before, you are likely to suppress other potentially important/useful messages as well.