cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One or more recovery points are not available at therir locations

MikeInPoulsbo
Level 4

I'd like to see the resolution for this (SSR 2013 Desktop Edition) for Windows 8.  I get the alert at random intervals and it pops up Windows Explorer on my backup drive.

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Multiple reasons for this alert such as ~

If  the recovery points ever manually removed from the backup destination.

If yes, then one shouldn't be doing it. Best to allow SSR to clean up the recovery points automatically.

If one backup is configured to multiple storage devices which are being swapped

If yes, then a backup job should be setup for each storage destination.

If the desktop system is losing connectivity to the storage destination or if the storage destination is not always connected/online

MikeInPoulsbo
Level 4

I bellieve I am "guilty" of having maually removing recovery points.  What can I do to correct this?

VJware
Level 6

If you ever need to clear up free space on your storage device by removing the recovery points, have a look @ these KB articles for couple of methods:-

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO48609

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO48519#v35817091

Currently, just let your backups run as usual. And what is this setting currently set to "Limit the number of recovery point sets saved for this backup" ?

MikeInPoulsbo
Level 4

Limit is set to 5.  I'm willing to let SSR manage removal of recovery points.  I think I did the manual removal early on.  Given that, how do I get rid of the error alert???

VJware
Level 6

I guess, depending upon the schedule/frequency of backups, you'll have to run enough backups to create 5 sets of recovery points. Once, this are in place with subsequent backups running, this alert should not generate any more.