cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order of Partitions After BESR 2010 Restore

dale_m1
Level 4

Hello,

I recently performed a BESR 2010 (SP4) restore of a Server 2008 R2 system.  The restore was successful, and the system perfectly functional, though I noted when looking in Windows Disk Management that BESR had restored the System Reserved Partition to a location following the C: partition, rather than preceding it. 

Is there an opportunity, in the System Recovery Disk restore setup to alter this partition ordering - or - is the solution to restore the System Reserved Partition first, by itself, and then restore the C: partition?

Thank You,

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, maybe when you manually restore the partitons one-by-one you could preserve the order ?

dale_m1
Level 4

Markus,

Thank you for your response.  Yes, I am assuming that restoring the partitions one by one would preserve the partition order.  I was wondering though, if there is some setting or combination thereof (I didn't see one) in the pre-restore setup that would ensure partitions are restored in the original order without having to do the restore one partition at a time.

Thank You,

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, maybe: Before you start the restore process, hold down the ctrl key there should be a popup that is otherwise hidden that allows you to set additional properties.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Did you give it a try ?